- To provide free court assistance for children in conflict with the law and children in need of special protection through legal representation and watching brief.
- To actively participate in legislative and policy reforms in child related statutes all levels namely national, county and sub-county levels
To advocate for the protection of the rights and welfare of children through the provision of free legal aid and related services by working together with other stakeholders (namely, the Government departments, civil society organizations, parents, children, among others). And to support and advocate for mobilization of adequate human and budgetary resources at National and county levels.
Our Core Values
- Integrity and professionalism
- Best interest of the child
- Inclusion and Non-Discrimination
- Transparency and Accountability
- Efficiency and Effectiveness of resource utilisation
- Collaboration and Partnership
About Children’s Legal Action Network (CLAN)
The Children’s Legal Action Network (CLAN) was founded in 1998 by the Coalition on Child Rights and Child Protection, a network of government and non-governmental child protection organizations in Kenya, which was being coordinated by African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Child Abuse and Neglect (ANPPCAN). It was registered as at Trust in May 2000 to operate in Kenya.